Monday, February 20 2017 16:23 EET
Military
15 attacks employing heavy weapons registered in Donbas on Monday
15 Attacks,Employing, Heavy, Weapons, Registered, Donbas, Monday

The gunfire has somewhat subsided in the anti-terrorist operation zone in eastern Ukraine, and 15 attacks have been seen since Monday morning without any heavy weapons involved, Ukrainian Defense Ministry spokesman Oleksandr Motuzianyk said.

The intensity of hostilities has markedly reduced, he said.

"We observed 15 attacks by the hostiles as of this noon, yet no heavy weapons have been fired so far," Motuzianyk said at a press briefing in Kyiv on Monday.

Ambassador Martin Sajdik, Special Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office to the Trilateral Contact Group, said on February 15 that the sides had agreed to withdraw weapons and hardware banned by the Minsk Agreements from the Donbas contact line by February 20.

One Ukrainian serviceman was killed and another one suffered injuries in Donbas over the past day, Motuzianyk said.

"One Ukrainian serviceman has been killed and other one has suffered injuries in the hostilities in the past 24 hours. The death of a serviceman who got missing the day before yesterday has also been established. The Ukrainian army has incurred all those casualties in Avdiyivka," he said.

A Ukrainian soldier who was heavily injured in Zaitseve on February 16 died at a hospital in the rear on February 19, Motuzianyk said.

Earlier Ukrainian General admits the use of Russian combat aircraft in Donbas war if the conflict extends

latest news
ALL NEWS >