Reich shared his opinion due to Trump's yesterday speech on immigration in Pheonix
American political commentator shared on his Facebook page:
'I've almost given up trying to correct Trump's lies because every time he opens his mouth he emits more of them. But his speech yesterday in Pheonix on immigration was so trumped-up that it's important to be reminded of the truth. Here are 6 Trump whoppers about immigration:
1. Trump’s claim that 'illegal immigration costs our country more than $113 billion a year' is pure baloney. In fact, most undocumented workers pay into Social Security and other programs from which they'll never benefit.
2. Trump says Clinton’s plan will provide Social Security to illegal immigrants. False. It won’t.
3. He says Clinton plans to bring in 620,000 new refugees from Syria. Wrong. She doesn’t.
4. Trump describes unauthorized immigrants as aggravated felons, whose crimes include murder. Wrong again. According to U.S. Sentencing Commission data, homicides are a small percent of the crimes committed by non citizens (whether they are in the U.S. illegally or not).
5. He describes unauthorized immigrants as more dangerous than native-born Americans. False. According to FBI data, a smaller percent of undocumented immigrants commit serious crimes than do native-born Americans.
6. Trump says illegal immigration is growing. Baloney. Illegal flows of people across the Southern border in fiscal 2015 were at the lowest levels since 1972, except for in 2011, according to the Department of Homeland Security.
Trump continues to repeat these lies and the media aren't adequately refuting them. As a result, many Americans start believing them.
As reported earlier by 1492news.com, Robert Reich: 'We are witnessing tribalism and the decline of the nation state around the world'