The first semi-final of Eurovision international song contest took place in Stockholm on May 10. The contestants from 18 countries sang at the Globe Arena. However, only 10 of them became participants of the Grand Final that is to be held on Saturday, May 14.
According to the results of the audience’s voting: Azerbaijan, Russia, the Netherlands, Hungary, Croatia, Armenia, Austria, Czech Republic, Cyprus and Malta will take part in the Saturday’s Grand Final.
Why not enjoy the performances of the first finalists right now?
01. Azerbaijan - Samra/Miracle
02. Russia – Sergey Lazarev /You Are the Only One
03. Netherlands – Daue Bob/Slow Down
04. Hungary – Freddie/Pioneer
05. Croatia – Nina Kraljić/Lighthouse
06. Austria - Zoe/Loin d'ici
07. Armenia - Iveta Mukuchyan / Love Wave
08. Czech Republic - Gabriela Gunchikova/I Stand
09. Cyprus - Minus One/Alter Ego
10. Malta – Ira Losco/Walk on Water
One of the favorites is Jamala.
Jamala will fight for the right to take part in the Grand Final of Eurovision Song Contest 2016 in the second semi-final on May 12. The Ukrainian singer of Tatar origin will sing under number 15. She’ll present a song '1944,' where she is to tell the story of her family's deportation from Crimea in the middle of the last century.