The Eurovision Song Contest is to be held on May 10 in the Swedish capital Stockholm. The contest’s organizers have decided to forbid bringing a number of flags, including flags of the Donbass separatists and the Crimean Tatars.
This is stated in a special message issued by the organizers.
They have banned to bring the following flags:
- Local, regional and provincial flags;
- Flags / banners containing commercial messages;
- Flags / banners containing statements that organizers can consider of political or religious nature, in particular flags of disputed territories;
- Flags / banners containing discriminatory or offensive statements;
- Flags / banners containing non-English messages;
- Selfie sticks or other objects that obstruct the view.
Furthermore, the organizers gave example of ten forbidden flags, including flags of the Crimean Tatars, the DPR. Kosovo, Palestine, Nagorno-Karabakh, Daesh, Transnistria and some others.
The list doesn’t include the LPR’s flag. However, the organizers stressed that it wasn’t ultimate.